This spring John and I toured several national parks of the West. One of the women on our tour loved the quilted jacket I was wearing. Before the trip was over she ordered one of these jackets in Grand Canyon colors and paid for it in cash. Doris is a Democrat regarding Wisconsin and national politics, so of course I have her the Liberal Discount. She and her daughter are traveling in October, and she wanted her jacket by then. Here it is - all ready to go in the mail and then be broken in. Breaking in a jacket? Absolutely, especially a quilted jacket. Despite using the thinnest batting (Thermore), there are essentially five mini quilts (2 sleeves, 2 front, and a back) that have been sewn together. This jacket needs to be washed and handled and worn. So, Doris? Get busy! And stay politically active!
3 comments:
It's gorgeous! I'm sure she will be sending you some orders when she wears it on her trip.
What a great job you did!
This turned out great!!! I bet she loves it!
Post a Comment