Niece Laura is having her 4th baby girl. I made quilts for Amelia, Olive, and Elle. So of course I have to make one for Baby Isla, who is coming in July. Laura pointed out that despite having three girls, she's never had a hot pink quilt. Hot pinks? Ok, hot pinks!
But then the design. What to do? I thought about some of the modern possibilities but was drawn to something traditional, like perhaps a zigzig quilt.
So I got busy, did a couple of rows, and certainly got a traditional look. Which I don't like. So I began to think about how to "untraditionalize" it. I think I have it. The 4 columns are going to be set in a radiant fashion - I need to cut v-shaped wedges the neutral backgrounds. Challenging my inner Emilies (Emily L and Emily B from the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild), I think I'll try to do a small pieced star (planet?) and have these zigzags radiate from it.
Stay tuned!
(And I must say it's good to work with flat things that don't have zippers!)
1 comment:
Interesting. Will enjoy seeing this one evolve.
Post a Comment