But I have been in the hospital again. Last month is was to go on blood thinners. This month it was to stop the subdural hematomas and go off the blood thinners. I have a huge list of specialists to see, and my brother-in-law the ENT surgeon gave me this wisdom: See the specialists in the order of what you think is gonna kill you first. So, neurosurgeon, hematologist, gastroenterologist, pulmonologist, and finally the interventional radiologists who put a little umbrella in my vena dava designed to catch any DVT's. If necessary, I urge you to use this same advice
I feel great. I am under orders to walk but not lift weights. And get this: I can sew all I want to! This second stay at LaGrange Hospital was another most positive experience. I am feeling very lucky for the care I received from the medical community, my family, and my friends!
| interior pockets |
I don't know if this is fortunate or not. The drug I'm taking to stop the brain bleeds is a steroid. And I think I'm wired. Tomorrow's post may be one of those listings of all the projects I have rolling around in my brain. However, the steroids end Tuesday morning. We'll see...
Good to be alive and walking and looking for daily joy!
2 comments:
Donna, I'm sorry I haven't seen you for several months. I hope and pray you are on the mend. You are always a joy to be around and your sense of humor always lifts my spirits. I'm glad you can still sew as much as you like with everything going on! I can't wait to see what else you make. I'm always impressed with your finished projects.
"good to be alive"
Post a Comment