| My sister-in-law picked up her "Hey Mercedes" bag from Sara Lawson's Windy City Bags. |
| Of course I had to make myself one, too. |
| Only one side of the bag has an outer pocket. There are two zippered pockets inside. |
| Adding the gusset/bottom of a constrasting fabric worked well. |
| Meanwhile, it's t-shirt quilt time. This is the second one I have done for this mom. The first was for her older son, the hockey nut. This younger son is all about firefighting. |
| All the bits are connected and currently at Terri and Frank's being longarmed. |
| Yesterday at the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild meeting, we did our pin cushion swap. This is what I received from Iris, and I love it. Victorians thought tomatoes ensured prosperity and warded off evil spirits. Since tomatoes are seasonal, the sewing community co-opted this symbol for their pin cushions! I love the strawberry filled with emery sand so I can keep my needles sharp. |
No comments:
Post a Comment