Recently I told a friend I wasn't ready to blog about this quilt. But since I've just taken the process pledge, I think I must.
I'm doing a color shift in my living room. There's lots of purples and greens. I'm recovering two chairs that were a cranberry/burgundy color. Although I looked for fabrics in that color, we really feel in love with the texture of a fabric that is pretty scarlet, much brighter and redder than what I intended. What an opportunity to create a new wall hanging and incorporate the purples and reds.
Part Two of this process is my ongoing love affair with batiks, so many of which are in colors I love.
Part Three? Free Motion Quilting. I want to quilt this piece horizontally as if there are bits of clouds in front of each of these moons.
Whoa - that's a pretty tall order! I know where I want to go with this piece, and I have a couple of terrific scarletty reds for borders. But I need to see the chairs in the house before I go any further.
I tend to not name quilts, but two friends have suggested names. One was "Moons Over China". I thought "Over the Moons." But friend Marge's suggestion of "Moonscapes" is the winner.
2 comments:
Loved seeing this in person at cmqg - hope to see you again. AND this lovely top with it's cloud quilting. . .
It looks like a piece in a Museum of Modern Art.
Post a Comment