There are several reasons why I quilt, chief among them color and design. But control certainly enters into it. There are parts of life, especially in my life at this point, that I have no control of. To balance these uncertainties, I create and sew. Touching, ironing, cutting, sewing, quilting - all are familiar steps I can use with new colors and designs. And the process is soothing and satisfying, especially when there are finished products. Here are two more Jinny Beyer Envelope Purses - 9" x 7". The handwork is getting easier, and each time I do this pattern I learn something new. Christmas presents? Perhaps. All I know is that I need to be doing these right now.
Oh, I forgot. A part of our living room ceiling fell today - we now have a lovely 6' by 3' problem area - I mean decorating opportunity.
No comments:
Post a Comment