I fall in love with a fabric, and then I don't want to use it. Because I love it. And once it's gone, it's gone. This is especially true of the line of Marcia Derse fabrics I'm so crazy about. The red/grey/black/white Asian-ish fabrics are gone - no where to be found. The Riverwoods Collection by the Troy Corporation is no longer being printed. I do however have a Marcia Derse supplier on eBay - seller 22563. Tracy sells these fabrics for $7.50/yard, and she is generous and meticulous with shipping. So the real irony? I have a lot of these fabrics, and I still don't want to use them. My solution? Cut small amounts from all fabrics and play with them. Here's the top half of what I think will be a napping quilt. How wonderful to have these 6.5" blocks on the design wall so I can walk by and make changes at a whim.
The additional irony of the day was losing the evergreen tree outside the studio. I loved the birds in that three - they were chirping and living less than 6 feet from the studio windows. But this tree did block the view completely. As much as I loved the treehouse effect of the studio, I must admit that I love the clear view of the backyard. Can't believe I feel so good about the loss of this tree...
No comments:
Post a Comment