Kimmie has a degree in Art History. The colors of this quilt appealed to her, and so I finished it for her to accommodate her big husband and their big California king bed. More than ever, I am indebted to my long armers, Frank and Terri Karls of T and F Quilting. Wrangling a quilt of this size requires special skill! The color bars are from Jinny Beyer's Spectrum quilt kit.
I asked Terri and Frank for an open quilting design to keep this quilt as light and airy as possible. And I like this "basket weave" effect. I imagine this quilt will last a long, long time.
| The back is snow white, just like the borders of the front. |
| This trio of Mors bags went to John and Juanita Tilgner as a hostess gift. |
| These two? I was at the dentist today, and I will admit that I love him - what a nice young man. He's always appreciative of little gifts and was happy to receive these. Time to make some more! |
Big quilts. Small bags. All are important!
1 comment:
This quilt is a real beauty. The spectrum of colours is so pretty and like a rainbow. I'm sure it will be well loved.
Post a Comment